Remember how he looked lovingly at you with twinkling eyes while you prayed for his wellbeing with your puja thali on this raksha bandhan ? Amidst all the laughter and gathering, those glittering diyas, you tied a beautiful rakhee on wrist with utmost care and those moments of mischief when he happily ate the entire sweet that you stuffed in his mouth. Yes he is your brother dearest who unconditionally pulls you out of the shallow and brings a smile on your face, no matter how far he is from you. The emotional bond between a brother and his sister is truly inexplicable and calls for a massive celebration full of love, colour, laughter and lots of jewellery! In this post we are going to help you pick out jewellery that you can wear on the auspicious day to look elegant and paint a pretty picture!
- CHUNKY EARRINGS: If your height is equal to that of the current fashion standard and besides, you can boast of having a fine swan neck, don’t hesitate to wear long dangling earrings. They look especially good in a company of smooth hair. If, in contrast you are petite and not too high, your friends are small earrings that will not look like weights on you. Chunky “button” earrings especially with a gem are fabulous on a plump lady with lush hair-style.
- NECKLACES : Choose a few Heritage designs in Kundan, Navaratna or AD. Give variety by selecting a few long necklaces with grand pendants and the one or two in choker style to get a royale feel. Primary colors like red, green, and violet will be safe bets to match with any silks. Contrasting colors with outfits will lend versatility to these heavy jewelleries and make a fashion statement. Replacing your grandmother’s heirloom gold jewelry with fashion jewelry options will let you go bling without the security sting!
- ANTIQUE BRACELET: Antique holds its own charm! You can wear antique bracelet even with your causal jeans and you will still look as much stylish as you already are. Antique bracelet is most popularly worn with anarkalis, suits or sarees! But try flaunting it with your western as well Indo-fusion look. Earning compliments is guaranteed.
- MAANGTIKA: Another traditional piece, which still have not got as much attention from Indian women as it deserves. Believe us! You can wear maangtikas to even a casual outing whether wearing suits, sarees or a dress. It needs not to be adhered to only wedding functions. Own one!
- ANKLETS: Anklet is a staple jewel piece in the treasure of any women. However, anklets are most popularly be worn by every woman now. Silver anklets are used to be quite popular but golden as well as fancy anklets are trending a lot these days. Choose variety of options to own in your anklet collection. Flaunt your anklets wherever you move!
- VINTAGE RINGS: Finger rings add a touch of elegance to women’s hands! Go for antique ones to feel the charm of tradition that can be carried forward to the next generation as well. This makes antique ring a must have in your jewel treasure.
- RAKHEES: Last but not the least, what is rakshabandhan without rakhees? Rakhees can be found in various styles ranging from funky to chic and traditional. They are even found in 22carat gold these days! Apart from them, they can be paired well with any traditional clothes to match!
So, if you’re a caring brother, go and get your sister the most magnificent jewellery, because she is the one who always prays for your well-being in good and rough times. So enjoy this Raksha Bandhan day with your sister to the fullest!
HAPPY RAKSHA BANDHAN!